Monday, November 3, 2008

zhēnzhū nǎichá


Or Bubble Tea or Pearl Tea. It's the same just with different names and let me tell you - it's addictive!!! The first times I tasted it, first time being the first time I sat foot on this island 12 years ago, I thought it was aweful, just aweful.....

I don't know what happen, but I really like it now. I have to tell, though, it's not from every tea-shop/stand I can enjoy this tea from.

There are a small handfull shops that makes it the way I love it: Orange being my favorite shop and it so happens one just open right down the corner from where we live. Yum yum yuuum. They also have lot of other teas, fruit, regular black/green tea, hot, cold and even chocolate and pudding drinks.

I have yet to try more, but for now I just order what I know I like - since the menu is in chinese and hub haven't translated it yet - zhēnzhū nǎichá.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_tea

The best milk pearl tea is with the smaller pearls/zhēnzhū, they taste so good (same taste, really.....). But Orange don't have the smaller ones :( I have to go to my No.2 favorite tea shop, "50", to get them - but since they are not nearby, I settle with the big ones. They are soft as well, which I like. Can get them more hard (to chew) but I prefer them soft almost like very soft gummy-bears! Or more like a mix of jelly and gummy-bear, though it don't taste like yummy-gummy-bears....


Victor likes it too!! (yes , he looks VERY tired on this photo, it's because we just got home from Kindergarten and he IS VERY tired!)

I know some have asked what in the world zhēnzhū nǎichá is, so here you have it. It's milk pearl tea!!! You will have to try it next time you come for a visit.

1 comment:

Brendan Chiang said...

Victor looks all grown up here! ;) Papa, step aside, new MAN of the house is here!! :)