Friday, November 7, 2008

Kethup

Today Mila and I went to the fabric market to look at........surprise....fabrics! Since I got the new sewing machine, I think it'd be worth the money, if I actually made something! I just bought some samples because buying large pieces would be kinda risky. What if I'm a disaster, then it would a a waste with all that fabric.
The fabric market is huge! There is SO much pretty fabrics, so I might go again for a second, third, forth.....hundredth look!!
This is my favorite of today's buy:



Moving along - before we went to the fabric market we had some lunch. Burger King on 2nd floor at Taipei Main Station. There is only food and drinks on 2nd floor and a lot to choose from. We went for burgers today - Burger King IS the best fast-food-joint comparing with Mac Donald and KFC.
Mila had some fries and she had her first taste of kethup today. What do you think, did she enjoy the taste???


Last week, I went to Mingyao department store just next to Zhongxiao Dunhua mrt station (exit 3!). There is on 11th floor a store called Daiso, where you can get almost anything (not food, though. Only if you consider chocolate at food!!!) at nt $ 39, which is DKK 7. This is similar the danish store, TIGER (the difference between Daiso and Tiger is, at Daiso IS IT 39 for 1 item, no matter how small or big the item is, oh, and that Daiso is japanese). I went to buy things for Victor's upcoming birthday party. I want to make a birthday cake, like I always do in Denmark for birthdays, so I need a few things.
These places I go to - I usually go with my friend, Michele. She is my navigator to this city!!!
Maybe I should give her a flag next time. "Michele's guided tour to Taiwan's shopping-treasures". I'll give her a hat too, then I won't be lost from the tour-group....
Last weeks tour-group: Mila, Mama T, Michele and Brendan!!!

No comments: