Sunday, November 30, 2008

Children free weekend!

This weekend I had a children-free weekend, starting from saturday morning around 9 am until sunday around 10 pm!!! It's so nice to have a couple of days on your own, I don't want or need it every day, but sometimes I do and then it's really great that both kids can be with their father (they went to his parents) and I can have MY TIME.

So....what did I do with all that free-time?

Well, saturday morning I had a ”date” with Michele at the The European School's Christmas Bazaar. We were there to sell some of Michele's stuff. It started 11 am and we arrived with style....a little after 11 am..... ;)

It was really nice to hang out with Michele that day, just her and me with no kids wanting their mother's attention. We could talk, gossip, eat and drink. We DID, of course, also sell a good amount of her stuff too! When the bazaar was finish around 5.30 pm we went back to Michele's place with the rest and I went home – I recently dicovered that one of the busses near my building goes to Michele's area, so I wanted to try this route home. Me being a bit ”stupid” again, took the bus the wrong direction! Yep....bravo...but in all fairness, the bus don't say which direction it's headed, it has BOTH directions listed, so you really need to know which side of the road, you want to jump on the bus. I think I rode the bus maybe 15 min in the wrong direction before getting off and on the mrt (metro) the RIGHT way! When I finally was back home, it was almost 1½ hours later than expected ....

On my way home I passed a street puppetshow, I took a quick picture and walked away. I was too tired to stay and watch....and to listen. It's kinda loud :) But I actually want to try see one longer than just 3 min. I remember the first time I came here to Taiwan, my friend Joney (husband's sister) took me out and we passed a street theater, I didn't understand one word of what they saying but I understood the meaning (the lost love and getting it back). It was a really good experience and the performance was exellent! Yes, I do know there is a difference between humans and puppets... ;)

I showered and ate my dinner (wanted to get curry but it closed 8.30, I was 5 min too late -damn bus 257) and watched Tropic Thunder. Funny, funny movie!

I wanted to go to bed around midnight, but I've been trying to make a bag the last couple of days, so I really wanted to finish it – and I did! It took me an extra 1½ hour (slow, I know, but I took my time, since there weren't any kids to look after) but I think my proto bag look nice. There are some details I need work on, but it's still a little funky, don't you think?? ;)




Sunday I slept until 11.30, boy, that was nice! Then I got up, went for lunch (CURRY), ate and watched a Miss No Good (episode 11, Tang Men kisses Xiao Hua, YAY!) and then I cleaned the apartment while listening to music (I really dig NKOB new album, check it some of it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw8RBL5_auk&feature=iv&annotation_id=event_774569 ). And because I was listening to music the cleaning took about 5 hours – I had to dance a couple of time, right!

Hope you guys, like me, had a nice weekend!!



1 comment:

Brendan Chiang said...

I LOVE that bag!! :) Sooooo retro!! (i really should blog toooo... kinda behind!)